Kashi Cereal Review


Toasted Berry Crisp - Kashi - Scrumptiously Fit Food

While watching TV recently I noticed a commercial advertising cereal where representatives from the company would jump out of elevators and surprise random strangers with their cereal. It struck me as memorable because if I was getting in a boring elevator to face the daily grind, how interesting would it be to get randomly accosted with free food (or maybe because those astonished individual’s facial responses were utterly amusing)! I normally don’t eat cereal because…well…I just don’t, but I was intrigued and found myself on the Kashi website trying to figure out how to get my surprise through the mail (since nobody was jumping out of fun elevators for me).

After about a week, my “surprise” came in the mail. I opened it and tumbling out was my sample of Kashi cereal. Being one to have to try everything at least once (or twice), I decided to sample it (it is a sample after all). To my surprise it was quite tasty and after reading the nutrition label, I noticed that it actually packed a bit of nutrients, aside from all the high sugar content, 13g!, (really what cereal doesn’t contain sugar?), it has 7g of fibre and 9g of protein in one serving which is 2 or 3 times the norm and quite impressive for cereal.

It tasted better than some other cereals that put me off of ever wanting to eat the stuff in the first place but due to the high sugar levels, I wouldn’t suggest eating this stuff daily or large quantities (i.e. 2-3 cups) all in one sitting (I’m sure you’d rather eat a yummy piece of pie instead if you were planning to consume that much sugar and calories). Therefore as all other things that tasted too good to be truly healthy, make sure you keep in mind to eat Kashi in moderate amounts and like all other things, as part of a healthy diet.

Try getting a sample of the free cereal yourself on the Kashi website!

Nutrition Information for Toasted Berry Crisp:

Serving size: ¾ Cup
Calories: 210
Fat: 4g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 130mg
Potassium: 160mg
Carbohydrates: 35g (of which: Fibre 8g, Sugars 13g, Starch 14g)
Protein: 9g

Comments